I love podcasts.
I use them frequently and automatically downloaded by the Podcatcher BeyondPod onto my smartphone. In contrast to podcasts, I transfered my audiobooks to my smartphone by cable – which usually was very annoying. Therefore I wrote a little script that is able to close the gap by converting all my audiobooks into subscribable podcast feeds!
Of course it is open source and can be found here: https://github.com/PaulPetring/audiobook-feeds
Some adittional facts:
- it serves a website to browse your audiobooks and subscribe to certain books
- serves rss and atom feeds for import
- it offers a simple password protection to prevent copy right issues
- runs in docker container (see MakeFile and DockerFile)
- works when placed in subdirs example.com/audio/ (e.g. reg for ssl without wildcard)
- allows custom theming and uses material design as default theme
- handles encoding of filenames at best effort
I use it on regular basis and would like others to enjoy it as much as I do. So please feel free to use, spread and contribute to it. And see you soon 🙂