Today is the day of the first accurate aMoSeRo map. I tried several slamming algorithms e.g. the hector_mapping package, but data has been to bad. So after reviewing nearly all my code, fixing a lot of unit issues and publishing rates, today the first map has been created, which really is a map of the place I am living!
It is only consequent to leave the virtual cookie box too:
Finding a low cost case isn’t as easy as expected – even with some common dimensions around 200mm*200mm*50mm the only inexpensive thing I found, was an star wars cookie box made out of thin plate.
So to change that I went to a DIY-Store today (or Baumarkt in german) and bought a 2 meters aluminium mopboard, some metal glue, acrylic glass and went to the basement:
But after cleaning the gluey mess off the table with spiritus, taking a well deserved shower and waiting 24 hours for the glue to get its full power the result is something able to be shown:
It’s a bit bigger than before but provides the basic functions in only 40 mm height. So we’ve got a real mobile plattform (base_footprint) for all upcoming modules (i.g. mesh networks, robot arms, flying drones or sensors like Geiger-Müller counters).
We’ve reached half time! Lets see whats still possible 🙂