I am trying to build my own [amazon &title=Raspberry Pi&text=Raspberry Pi] based robot. Someday, it shall be able to drive autonomously based on data from its [amazon &title=Asus Xtion&text=Asus Xtion] (a smaller version of an Xbox Kinect) and with the help of ROS (Robot Operating System). For today, it is only capable of driving straight forward.
- [amazon &title=Asus Xtion&text=Asus Xtion] Pro
- a [amazon &title=Raspberry Pi&text=Raspberry Pi] Model B Rev.2.0
- WLAN USB stick
- two Stepper Motors 28BYJ-48 Datasheet PDF 5V controlled by an ULN2003A Chip
- an easyAcc Powerbank with 10.000mhA with an MicroUSB Cable supplying 2A of power
- some metal toy constuction set parts including 3 wheels
- 8 old female to female jumper wires
- 2 Y female jumper whires (to share positive and ground of the raspberry with the motors)
With this setup, the raspberry i able to run at least 8 hours by the power of my already a little bit aged powerbank. Driving at an unbelievable slow speed of about 30 seconds per meter (full torque mode of steppers).
For documentation (and for fun, because I never did this before), here a small video of the very first test drive: